Boots – Steve Madden (currently 60% off) | Sneakers – Steve Madden
Happy Thursday loves! I hope you’re all having a fab week so far. Today has been the first day all year that I have pulled out my cutoff shorts so I am pretty happy about that. I will say this now and probably regret it later but I’m ready for the Texas heat to return. Bring on my cutoff shorts and summer dresses!
Today I wanted to do a quick Instagram round up since I haven’t done one in a few months and I have been posting a few #ootd looks that didn’t make a full blog post. Sharing all those looks and details with you above. I also wanted to share a few tips that I get asked about a lot and that is on how to keep your Instagram feed looking consistent and themed. I have 6 tips on how to do that for you guys. I probably have few more than 6 so if you need a few more just ask me!
6 Tips to Keep Your Instagram Feed Consistent
- Pick your colors – This can be a single color or a few different colors that you really love to wear and that make you feel confident. I have talked about this in the past but having a color that is your go to not only makes shopping and styling easier since you will have tons of other pieces that go with that color but chances are you will also pick a color you feel most confident in. My color is obvious I love baby pink, blush pink and mauve pink. With those pinks I usually pair them with black, grey or neutral tan. Doing this color scheme over and over again in your feed and in your styles is one of the biggest tips I give for creating consistency. Pick your colors and go with it!
- Pick you go to backdrop – When I say this I mean figure out what you like to have in the back of your photos. Some people like to have a really busy backdrop like maybe standing in a city street with cars and taxis passing or with sky rise buildings in the backdrop (a good example of this style would be Emily Luciano). Currently I prefer to find a single wall usually a grey, white or sometimes pink with cool texture or a cool mural that fits those wall colors. I like to keep my background pretty clean and simple at the moment. Find out what you like best and what suits you and stick with that pattern in your background. This will again help create a unified look throughout your feed post after post.
- What else? – Aside from what you typically post with your outfits and styles what else do you want to include in your feed? Do you want to include food, coffees, home decor? For me I LOVE flowers so I post a photo typically with pink flowers once every 8-10 photos. I also love sharing pretty quotes I find on Pinterest or on IG that fit with my color theme. Adding these flower photos and quotes helps to blend my feed all together and the flowers make it look super pretty (in my opinion). Try to include these what else photos in your feed blended in with your other style photos.
- Pick your niche – I know this sounds cliche but it is another great way to create consistency throughout your feed. Figure out what types of posts you like to share and what you like to style. For me my looks are typically pretty basic everyday looks but jazzed up with accessories, typically designer. I also really like trendy in the moment looks and styles and my followers know I love anything with ruffles, star print or anything pink. These would all be my niches. What is something you always go back to and is your classic look or your niche? Stay true to your style and do your best to portray that within your feed.
- Use a planning app – I would be nothing without my planning app. I currently use UNUM which you can find in the app store and it helps me to plan the order of my posts and which photos look best together in my feed. For me I have to visually see how the feed is going to look before I post each photo. This might sound OCD but that is because I am very OCD if you didn’t already know haha. If you haven’t tried a planning app before I would highly recommend downloading one so you can visually see your feed and help to plan ahead for future posts.
- Photo editing – I plan to do another entire blog post about how I edit my photos since I also get a lot of questions about this but one big tip in keeping your feed unified is keeping your photo edits very similar. I have a routine I typically do for each photo as I’m sure you probably do too. I also use the same filters on each photo to really help make all photos look unified. Figure out how you like your photos edited best and try to keep that editing routine the same for each post.
I hope you guys liked these tips and you learned at least one thing to apply to your feed to help! Thanks as always for stopping by and chat soon!