Happy Tuesday loves! Bryson and I spent the end of last week in San Diego for a spontaneous weekend away + a marketing event we attended for our business. The weather was perfect and I have to say San Diego is slowly becoming my preferred spot in California over Los Angeles but I really love them both. Speaking of love – this top. As soon as I saw it I knew I needed it and I couldn’t wait to share it here on the blog. It is the perfect off the shoulder, ruffle top for the spring and summer and it dresses up with some jeans and heel or down with some shorts and espadrilles so easy. It is under $75 and you can shop it HERE.
On another note – it occurred to me the other day that I have been blogging pretty consistently for over a year now and I’ve yet to introduce myself nor do I have a bio here on my blog. Not only did I think “I really suck” but I also thought “that HAS to be my next blog post” so here are 10 fast facts about myself and my life;
Get to Know Me
- I’m 24 years old, a Leo and I’m originally from Michigan.
- One month out of high school I started Cosmetology school at an Aveda Institute and I graduated 13 months later. I started working at a high end hair salon and specialized in doing hair color.
- During this time I tried out for America’s Next Top Model and made it to the finale round only to be cut before taping because I wasn’t attending a school aside from Aveda and this was for the “college edition”. I even had to fly out to NYC, audition in front of a camera speaking directly to Tyra Banks, sign the huge contract, have a film crew come to my house and tape me and my family. Needless to say – this my one and only modeling attempt.
- I moved shortly after that to Texas for my boyfriend Bryson. I’ve known him since I was about 7 as our moms are best friends and he is the eggs to my bacon. After being long distance for a few months and visiting him once in Houston I decided to pack and ship 3 boxes and jump on a one way flight bound for Texas. We’ve been together going on 5 years now.
- We lived in Houston for 8 months before deciding we wanted to move over to Austin because it’s so pretty here. This is where we are currently living. We love it in Austin but we also love California and hope to have a spot in both places eventually.
- We have two golden retrievers – Riley + Ralf and one Persian kitten named Keek.
- Bryson and I own a business called FurryFreshness which we launched in 2015 and it is a carpet cleaner spray for pet stains and odors. This is what I am focused on about 90% of my day and the rest of my time I spend working on my blog or other various day to day activities.
- I also own an online boutique called Melvina which I launched shortly after moving to Austin but I have recently slowed down with that as FurryFreshness has gotten busier. I am hoping to relaunch Melvina in the coming months (or years) with a different look. I’ve loved having it and don’t think I would ever get rid of the business completely. I am just hoping to get more time to focus on it soon!
- My family back in Michigan means everything to me. I hate living so far away from them but I try to go back to home as much as possible to see them. I have two older brothers + my mom and my dad and I love them all so much!
- I started this blog as a passion and as an outlet for my personality and creativity. That will always be my driving force behind this. I couldn’t think of a better #10 so that’s all I have haha. Oh and my favorite foods are crab legs and Mexican food but as separate meals, definitely not together at once.
I hope you guys enjoyed these 10 facts about my life and I hope to share more as I continue to blog in the future! Have a great rest of your day and thanks for stopping by!
Shop my look via the images below.