To me Valentine’s Day is a day to show and tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. Although I try to do this on a daily basis, I am glad we have one specific day to really celebrate that love. Bryson and I have shared a handful of Valentine’s Days together but I have to say my favorite ones are the ones where we stayed low key and got food which is both of our true loves. I thought I would put together a few Valentine’s date ideas for you and your loved ones or galentines – whoever you’re celebrating with this year!
5 Valentine’s Date Ideas
- Something low key – This is the option that Bryson and I typically aim for. Last Valentine’s I ordered a bunch of groceries for delivery from Wholefoods. I ordered a Filet Mignon for Bryson and some crab legs for me with some champagne and deserts. He loved the surprise and the thought I put into the night and we stayed in and cooked dinner together. Whether you stay in and cook or you order to go food, you can’t go wrong with something low key.
- Something romantic – Think the classic red dress and a nice dinner out. Although this isn’t really our style I still love the idea of getting dressed up and fancy for a night out with your love (or gal pals). Find a local steak house, sushi place or seafood spot that you like and make some reservations. Get dolled up and go be romantic!
- Something adventurous – Think iFly. Something totally adventurous and off the wall is not only a fun ides but also creates an awesome out of the box memory. If you opt for something like indoor sky diving at iFly I would suggest grabbing food after the event ha!
- Something for the galentines – I just tried Painting with a Twist for the first time over Christmas break and I loved it. Even though I’m not an artist I had fun sipping champagne with my mom and painting away. This would be a great option for a galentine night out. Or there’s always Fifty Shades Darker that comes out this weekend. Keep it light and fun with your gal pals and don’t forget the chocolate and bubbly.
- Something old – Go on a second first date. Replay your first date between you and your lover or go back to one of the classic spots you and your gal haven’t been in forever. Doing so will bring back all the feelings and will be romantic and fun!
I hope you guys enjoyed these date ideas. Bryson and I will probably be replaying last years Valentine’s plans with a low key night at home as we are leaving bright and early on the next morning for a spontaneous trip to our favorite place (also another great Valentine’s idea).
Now onto this blush OTS look – I have been living in off the shoulder tops lately and this blush beauty was a must as soon as I saw it. OTS tops were a big hit last year and I think they will be just as big this spring and summer. I linked a few similar styles below which are great ideas for a more casual Valentine’s look or galentines night out. Shop them via the images below. Thanks for stopping by! x